Introducing The RemoteLock6i Smart Lock – Built for Property Owners
It could be said that the smart lock is still in its infancy, but this is changing rapidly. The access control company, LockState, wants to further speed up the process, with the introduction of their RemoteLock 6i Smart Lock. The company has take an approach, which is very similar to that of the Slock.it. The lock is intended for property owners and managers, who wish to grant short-term access to their properties.
The RemoteLock 6i will give property owners, landlords and businesses the ability to manage access through their smartphones and computers. Unlike many of the alternatives, the lock can be controlled directly through your existing Wi-Fi and no additional equipment is required. From the control panel, owners will be able to perform a handful of tasks.
- Add and remove permanent and temporary access codes
- View access history logs
- Get automatic alerts, as soon as the door is used
The company’s innovative approach will provide consumers with easier setup and functionality, by allowing the Wi-Fi enabled smart lock to be connected to the network effortlessly. In fact, the setup barely deviates from that of a laptop, which everyone will be very familiar with. More features can be found below.
- One-touch button allows the user to lock the door when going out
- Capacity of 1,000 guest codes, which can be generated or assigned randomly
- Doors can be locked and unlocked remotely
- Privacy mode disables all codes
- Two additional modes: Passage and Storehouse
- Safety lockout mechanism, after 5 unsuccessful attempts
- Weatherproof and capable of withstanding Mother Nature’s wrath
- Uses 4 AA batteries and offers a low battery warning
- Fits doors 1 3/8 to 2″ thick and is reversible
- Can sync with RemoteLock ACS Cloud-Based Access Control System
According to the company’s website, the product is in full production and is expected to be released Fall 2015. If you’re interested in further details, you can find more at the company’s website. RemoteLock