Are you thinking about installing new locks on your exterior doors, but do not know where to start? Well, you are not along, because many homeowners will discover new technological locks that offer so much more than the traditional lock and key. If you are searching for a high security and extremely convenient way to access your home effortlessly, you should consider the Kwikset Kevo.
The Kwikset Smart Lock is definitely a device that you want to add to your list of prospects. This lock is equipped with a key hole, so you can still use the master key occasionally, if you feel the need. It is compatible with most iOS and Android mobile devices, but you will need to take the time to download the Kevo mobile app.
Once you have the app downloaded, you will be able to initially setup your account. Those traditional door keys are now a thing of the past, because you will no longer need them. You will also have the option of sending unlimited E-Keys to your family, friends, roommate, and electrician right from your source device, by utilizing the Kevo app. Once the visitor exits your home, you will simply disable to E-Key, so they will not be able to reuse it, until you reauthorize access.
In order for the Kevo Touch-to-Open technology to operate, you must purchase the Kwikset Kevo key FOB. One Kevo Smart Lock can enroll multiple FOBs, so everyone in the home can enjoy the Touch-to-Open technology. This is also a great option for those that do not own an iPhone.
The BumpGuard technology will prevent lock-bumping. This UL 437 par 11.6 is a very high tech lock-picking standard that is set in place to prevent burglars from picking the Kwikset Smart Lock. The 128-encryption security feature will prevent online hackers from gaining access to your personal data and entrance to your home.
You can also pre-program the E-Key to only function on specific days of the week. This technology will definitely come in handy, when you are on vacation and a problem arises within your home. You will be able to send your family an anytime/scheduled E-Key, so the issue can be eliminated without delay.
The installation process is very simple and will only take 15-30 minutes top to complete. The interior portion of the lock is very uniquely designed and available in several different finishes including satin nickel, polished brass, and Venetian bronze. The interior interface, which is the part of the lock that will be on the inside of the door is equipped with a deadbolt mechanism, which will add more security.
- Compatible with iOS 4s or higher and Android 5.0 Lollipop devices
- You have total control of the Smart Lock with the help of the Kevo app
- Requires 4 AA alkaline batteries, which will offer entrance assess, when power is out
- Equipped with a heavy duty deadbolt for added security
- Easy installation process
- Limited lifetime warranty on finish and mechanical mechanism, 1-Year warranty on electronic components
- Send unlimited anytime/scheduled E-Keys to your family and friends at no extra cost
- Kevo Plus Gateway is now available to everyone that owns the Kevo Smart Lock. This new hardware will offer remote locking/unlocking from anywhere around the globe (one-time fee of $69.99)
- Kevo still has some glitches that are currently being overseen by Kwikset. New software and firmware is being introduced daily to counter these issues.
- Permanent E-Keys are available as an in-app purchase for $1.99 each
- Must purchase the Kwikset Kevo key FOB, in order to be awarded the Touch-to-Open feature
If you are looking for your first or fifth Smart Lock, you definitely should consider the Kwikset Kevo. It is a work in progress, since these devices have only been available to the public for a very short time. If you are willing to grow with Kwikset, you will definitely appreciate and love your Smart Lock.
Update: Kevo will be offering a compatibility option for all consumers that have invested in the Kevo Smart Lock. With the Kevo Plus upgrade (one-time fee of $89.99), the lock will become compatible with the Ring Video doorbell. You will need to download the Ring iOS app, which will soon be available for Android and Windows 10 operating system, to your source device.